Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites Little Green Hovel: Little Green Hovel - Welcome

Monday, January 8, 2007

Little Green Hovel - Welcome

This is one of several blogs I occasionally write, the others concern survival, protection of ones wealth, silver/gold investing and one I keep separate which is about fixing Canada to make it a better place. In each of these blogs the topics do overlap as politics impacts the environment, which impacts the economy, which impacts our survival. This blog is about my dreams rather than my nightmares.

I believe terrible things are happening to the earth, to our country, to our economy etc.. This is the site where I will try to find peace by planning and hopefully creating a safe haven that will be my Little Green hovel. I constantly surf, buy books and experiment at home trying to learn the skill that will protect me and my family in this end of times of our society. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some doomsday cult guy, but I'm convinced that our society as we know it is destined to change drastically from the impact of climate change, pollution, disease, and peak oil. It could be a good change to a simpler, more rewarding life for those prepared for the challenge. For those not prepared, I tried to warn them!

This is a journey, I will discuss my planning, my revelations, my attempts at canning the scant production of my city garden, my search for an affordable homestead, my attempts at convincing those around me that we need to do something. I'm active in the Green Party of Canada, even though I don't think even they get the seriousness of the changes going on. Yes it's great to have windmills,(better than coal) but when oil runs out it will be the chemical uses of oil as much as the energy uses that throws us back to 1800's standard of living. There are simply some things you can't do with out the heat created from burning fossil fuels, but there are as many things you cannot do without oil as a feed stock to industry.

The smartest thing anyone can do is learn to be self sufficient. You may not get to use it, or find the need to use it, but if you find yourself needing those skills, it's probably far to late to learn them. Even If I never need the skills to survive, I think I would still be more fulfilled living my days in my Little Green Hovel, knowing the pride of accomplishment the droids of today's economy have long since lost.

Kubera Jones.

No comments: